Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Army

I can't believe he actually did it. I really was thinking he would just back out at the last minute and beg for his job back or find something else locally. I am soo sick right now! I hate that by the time he gets back Caitlin won't know her father. He will come back to a toddler, she will be walking, talking, and will probably look a lot different than she does now. All I can do is use pictures of him and keep telling her "that's dada." I really hope she remembers him and I really hope he can come home inbetween basic and ait. We really don't know if that will happen or not and even if it does he will only be home for 1 or 2 days at the most. So, he is off to basic. I can't tell you the feeling when I saw that truck pull up. I felt like it was a herse (sp?) to take my husband away. I don't know what to think right now, I am just devistated. I know we will get through this but I am sure I don't know just how hard it will be. I am going to try to go to bed (as you notice it is still very early in the morning) and get some rest so I can be there for my daughter, I am the only one she has right now. I will update everyone when I have information.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Oh sweetie - it is a hard job to be a military wife. not only was i a dependant to an AF dad, i am an AF wife.
Caitlin - will know her dad, dont you worry about that, and she will have him wrapped around her pinky forever!
You have to be strong. Are you going to go to his basic training graduation?
if he can't come to you, you can go to him.
DH left for 6wks of training the day after we found out we were pregnant this year and was not here when i found out that one of the twins passed away....i think it was harder on him not being here than it was on me without him here.
dont get me wrong, it is not easy not knowing if DH will be home or called in the middle of the night, but you will have a great and awesome community that will provide you support!
Military famlies are a community that band together through everything are will be there for anything, even if it is to mow your lawn or bake you some cookies. it is an extended family!